Alumilite Clear SLOW Casting Resin - 2 lb Kit.
Alumilite Clear Slow Casting Resin has a 12min open time and produces a high impact, optically clear casting that can be dyed or pigmented. This slower setting formula allows for a longer open (working) time, and also a slower cure time, and less of a heat build-up with larger castings. Turned blanks can be easily polished to a high gloss. Pressure casting is recommended to achieve 100% bubble-free castings.
Alumilite Clear must be mixed 1:1 by weight. Off-ratio mixing may produce hazy or frosted parts. B side may thicken and need to be warmed before use.
Alumilite is sold and mixed by weight. (Side B weighs more than side A, and will therefore have less in the bottle.)
The 2 lb kit includes 1 lb of side A and 1 lb of side B, mixing cups & stir sticks.
- High impact
- 12 min open time
- 2- to 4-hour demold time
- Convenient 1:1 mix ratio (by weight)
- Thin viscosity for easy mixing
- Easily dyed or pigmented
- Can be turned, drilled, sanded, and polished to a high gloss
- Off-mixing may produce hazy or frosted parts
- Minimal bubbles can be achieved by slowly mixing and pouring
- Pressure casting is recommended for bubble-free results.
- The Alumilite Clear and Clear Slow are the go-to resins for pen blank making
Once opened, we recommend using Alumiite Clear Slow within 3 months to maintain optimum clarity and stability
Alumilite Clear Slow Casting Resin Instruction Sheet
Alumilite Clear Slow Safety Data Sheet